Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > webmail-SquirrelMail Fetcher In Python

webmail-SquirrelMail Fetcher In Python

Hi all,
I've been looking on the net for a program to gather e-mails from the
squirrelmail interface, and haven't found any.
My office only allows me to get e-mail access via webmail, at least when I'm
outside of the corperate network.
I'm wondering if anyone's found something like the screen-scrapers made for
the webmail system for MSOutlook, or another, farely simple, program that I
could edit to work with squirrelmail?
Sorry if I'm posting incorrectly or anything.
Also, I'm still a noob at python, so please go easy on me if this is very
obvious.

Thanks,
Brandon McGinty

Paul Rubin

<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I've been looking on the net for a program to gather e-mails from the
> squirrelmail interface, and haven't found any.
> My office only allows me to get e-mail access via webmail, at least
> when I'm outside of the corperate network.

Squirrelmail is an IMAP client so there must be an IMAP server on the
server side somewhere. Why not talk to your IT dept about accessing
it with a normal mail client instead of messing with screen scraping
madness. Squirrelmail is pretty messy and I gave up on it long ago.