Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > cisco command limited access

cisco command limited access

hari

Hi all

I have 3 cisco routes in my network
and some of my cleints connected to this routers
each router have different branches connected

and i have monitoring people who does from central office

i want them to authenticate and use only limited commands in my router
how can do that
is there any free software does this job
i want to user to acces only show commands only that to limited
suggestion apprciated

hari

Liam

"hari" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi all
>
> I have 3 cisco routes in my network
> and some of my cleints connected to this routers
> each router have different branches connected
>
> and i have monitoring people who does from central office
>
> i want them to authenticate and use only limited commands in my router
> how can do that
> is there any free software does this job
> i want to user to acces only show commands only that to limited
> suggestion apprciated
>
> hari

Hari,
Take a look at the aaa new-model command and it's subcommands.
You can set different privilige levels (so users have different rights in
different modes).
It's a bit tricky but it works fine.

As example:
test1(config)#privilege configure level 7 snmp-server enable

so it sets the snmp-server enabled command in the global config mode to
level 7.
GL

none

Look at Cisco's "tacacs freeware" software on cisco.com .