Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 678 DSL and PlayStation 2 Adapter

Cisco 678 DSL and PlayStation 2 Adapter

S. Smith

I'm interested in connecting a PlayStation2 network adapter
to my Cisco 678 router to play games online via DSL with my nephew.

It looks like I could hook the 678 to a small hub and run an
ethernet cable to the PS2 adapter. Or would I have to unplug
the computer and run the cable directly from the 678 router?

Has anyone tried this setup with a 678 yet? If so, how did you
hook yours up?

Thanks in advance.

- Scott

Kevin

"S. Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'm interested in connecting a PlayStation2 network adapter
> to my Cisco 678 router to play games online via DSL with my nephew.
>
> It looks like I could hook the 678 to a small hub and run an
> ethernet cable to the PS2 adapter. Or would I have to unplug
> the computer and run the cable directly from the 678 router?
>
> Has anyone tried this setup with a 678 yet? If so, how did you
> hook yours up?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> - Scott

I haven't done this but, you can just add a hub. The 678 in ppp mode is a
router. You may need to do some things like opening ports on the 678. Check
out this web page for some tips on this
http://www.users.qwest.net/~rlutton/ADSL/. it says Cisco 675 but it applies
to 678s as well.

Also, if you currently have the 678 hooked directly to your computer, that
is done using a crossover cable (a yellow one comes with the 67xs). You
would either hook the crossover cable to an uplink port on you hub or use a
regular Ethernet cable hooked to a regular port on a hub between the 678 &
the hub.

Kevin