Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Can't Route Through Cisco EasyVPN on PIX 506e

Can't Route Through Cisco EasyVPN on PIX 506e

John Balch

Client has a Cisco PIX 506e set up as an EasyVPN server. I have installed
the Cisco VPN Client 4.1 on my system at home and am trying to connect. I
can connect and authenticate (using group ID and password) but I can't route
any traffic over the VPN. I have an IP address and the routing table looks
good. Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Thanks.

PES

"John Balch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Eeq3d.88588$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> Client has a Cisco PIX 506e set up as an EasyVPN server. I have installed
> the Cisco VPN Client 4.1 on my system at home and am trying to connect. I
> can connect and authenticate (using group ID and password) but I can't
> route any traffic over the VPN. I have an IP address and the routing
> table looks good. Am I missing something? Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Do others connect successfully? If not, does the pix have the line sysopt
permit connect-ipsec? Also, do you have a public address or a nat'd
address? If nat'd, is the pix a current version set up to do udp
encapsulation?

Ozkan Aziz

I have had the same problem connecting a windows client over pptp to a
pix 501. I found that the ip address given to the client was missing a
default gateway address. there was an option on the client to force
the default gateway to be the pix device but the default gateway was
always set to be the starting address of the pool.

I have been unsuccessfull in finding any way around this. you may want
to check to see if your client has the same problem.

"PES" <NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE*(E-Mail Removed)*SUCK S> wrote in message news:<414e9f60$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "John Balch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Eeq3d.88588$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> > Client has a Cisco PIX 506e set up as an EasyVPN server. I have installed
> > the Cisco VPN Client 4.1 on my system at home and am trying to connect. I
> > can connect and authenticate (using group ID and password) but I can't
> > route any traffic over the VPN. I have an IP address and the routing
> > table looks good. Am I missing something? Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Do others connect successfully? If not, does the pix have the line sysopt
> permit connect-ipsec? Also, do you have a public address or a nat'd
> address? If nat'd, is the pix a current version set up to do udp
> encapsulation?

John Balch

No, I was a dummy... I forgot to allow access from my VPN address pool to
the internal LAN. Once I did that, it worked. Thanks for your suggestions,
though.