Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Error squeezing flash: Help

Error squeezing flash: Help

atcat

Hi,

I just upgraded flash: memory from 12 to 24 Mb in my Cisco 837 router.
All went well, exept the following:

When I try to squeeze flash memory I get the error massage:

"%Error squeezing flash (Missing or corrupted log)"

And nothing is squeezed (reloading/restarting the router doesn't help).

I can't find any pointers to this problem (only 1 in Russsian...)

Here is a short listing:

!-------------
Cisco837#show flash:

System flash directory:
File Length Name/status
1 6819336 c837-k9o3sy6-mz.123-2.XC2.bin [deleted]
2 8187316 c837-k9o3sy6-mz.123-8.T3.bin
3 3883008 sdm.tar
(...)
[20445228 bytes used, 4720592 available, 25165820 total]
24576K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

Cisco837#squeeze flash:
Squeeze operation may take a while. Continue? [confirm]
First create squeeze log by erasing the entire device

%Error squeezing flash (Missing or corrupted log)
Cisco837#
!-------------

Anyone a suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
atcat

mh

There is a note on CCO that for 2600 and 3600 routers that a
filesystem has to be squueze once before use ( I assume before copying
files to it). Don't know if this aslo applies to you route rmodel.

The CCO article imples that one needs to:
1. format flash
2. squeeze
3. copy files
4. delete a file
5. squeeze

atcat

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (mh) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) m:

> There is a note on CCO that for 2600 and 3600 routers that a
> filesystem has to be squueze once before use ( I assume before copying
> files to it). Don't know if this aslo applies to you route rmodel.
>
> The CCO article imples that one needs to:
> 1. format flash
> 2. squeeze
> 3. copy files
> 4. delete a file
> 5. squeeze

Thanks,

but the 837 version of the IOS software does not seem to support a
format command.

Anyone?

Atcat

atcat

atcat <nomail> wrote in news:Xns9569D3F97291atcatnomail@194.109.133.29:

> (E-Mail Removed) (mh) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m:
>
>> There is a note on CCO that for 2600 and 3600 routers that a
>> filesystem has to be squueze once before use ( I assume before
>> copying files to it). Don't know if this aslo applies to you route
>> rmodel.
>>
>> The CCO article imples that one needs to:
>> 1. format flash
>> 2. squeeze
>> 3. copy files
>> 4. delete a file
>> 5. squeeze
>>

> Thanks,
>
> but the 837 version of the IOS software does not seem to support a
> format command.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Atcat

Being set on the right track by merv, I found out how to do the trick:

First I had to "erase" the flash memory, now everything is o.k.

Thanks for the pointer.

atcat

satven satven is offline
Junior Member

Hi All.,

My router flash is not sufficient to log, It is restarting abruptly however
i found my router had bug , it throws a bug error. now i have to format the router in order to sqeeze the flash and free up the space. Pls give me some steps how to proceed this router is in production i wont get more than 15 min downtime.
Core_RTR1#squeeze flash:
Squeeze operation may take a while. Continue? [confirm]
First create squeeze log by erasing the entire device
%Error squeezing flash (Missing or corrupted log)

Core_RTR1sh flash:
System flash directory:
File Length Name/status
1 22900708 c3640-is-mz.123-11.T9.bin
50 31444 crashinfo_20071227-150011 [deleted]
[33554216 bytes used, 212 available, 33554428 total]
32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

Advance Thanks for your help

Ven