Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Altiga VPN Concentrator

Cisco Altiga VPN Concentrator

briandesu

Hi Group,

I am preparing for the 642-511 (VPN) exam. I would like to know if
the Altiga VPN concentrator is sufficient, or are there limitations
with the Altiga that the actual Cisco VPN concentrator does not have?

If the Altiga is a viable alternative to purchasing the costly Cisco,
then what software version should I make sure to get for the Altiga?

Thanks. I have heard the VPN exam is tough, so I want to get some
hands on experience.

Cheers,

briandesu

Mike Gallagher

Uh, Cisco bought Altiga years ago.

"briandesu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi Group,
>
> I am preparing for the 642-511 (VPN) exam. I would like to know if
> the Altiga VPN concentrator is sufficient, or are there limitations
> with the Altiga that the actual Cisco VPN concentrator does not have?
>
> If the Altiga is a viable alternative to purchasing the costly Cisco,
> then what software version should I make sure to get for the Altiga?
>
> Thanks. I have heard the VPN exam is tough, so I want to get some
> hands on experience.
>
> Cheers,
>
> briandesu

briandesu

"Mike Gallagher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Uh, Cisco bought Altiga years ago.

I am quite aware that Cisco bought out Altiga. However, the Altiga
can be found on eBay, so Uh my question Adam Henry. I was considering
buying an Altiga on eBay, but wanted to know if it might lack features
that the newer concentrators have, because we all know that companies
that buy out other companies like to change things from time to time.

Can the Altiga run a current Cisco software image that supports all of
the current software features?

Sayonara,

briandesu

Aaron Leonard

According to the most recent release notes for the VPN 3000 Concentrator
software (4.1.7, see http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...k.htm#wp31204),
Altiga Networks VPN Concentrators, Models C10 through C60,
will will run it.

Of course there may be licensing type issues for getting
the newer software onto your old box from eBay.

Cheers,

Aaron

---

~ "Mike Gallagher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
~ > Uh, Cisco bought Altiga years ago.
~
~
~ I am quite aware that Cisco bought out Altiga. However, the Altiga
~ can be found on eBay, so Uh my question Adam Henry. I was considering
~ buying an Altiga on eBay, but wanted to know if it might lack features
~ that the newer concentrators have, because we all know that companies
~ that buy out other companies like to change things from time to time.
~
~ Can the Altiga run a current Cisco software image that supports all of
~ the current software features?
~
~ Sayonara,
~
~ briandesu

Mike Gallagher

Didn't mean to be a smart ass. Try posting your question clearly the
first time and you'll get a good answer the first time.