Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Interface card installed

Interface card installed

JSS

Is there a command that will tell me the type of interface card that
is installed in a 2650 router. We have a bunch of routers and some of
them have just a serial port connected to an external CSU, others have
a service module and still others have some type of controller card
installed.

I know that 'sho ver' will tell me if I have a contr t1 card and if
there is one or two ports but not if it is a WIC or a VWIC card. I
looked at 'sho diag' but I didn't see where it said the type of card
installed.

I am planning to write a script to check the routers and export it to
a Excel doc for further use.

Thanks

Jeff

micke

will

show controller int xxx

help you

/micke

JSS <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> Is there a command that will tell me the type of interface card that
> is installed in a 2650 router. We have a bunch of routers and some of
> them have just a serial port connected to an external CSU, others have
> a service module and still others have some type of controller card
> installed.
>
> I know that 'sho ver' will tell me if I have a contr t1 card and if
> there is one or two ports but not if it is a WIC or a VWIC card. I
> looked at 'sho diag' but I didn't see where it said the type of card
> installed.
>
> I am planning to write a script to check the routers and export it to
> a Excel doc for further use.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeff

Hansang Bae

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Is there a command that will tell me the type of interface card that
> is installed in a 2650 router. We have a bunch of routers and some of
> them have just a serial port connected to an external CSU, others have
> a service module and still others have some type of controller card
> installed.
>
> I know that 'sho ver' will tell me if I have a contr t1 card and if
> there is one or two ports but not if it is a WIC or a VWIC card. I
> looked at 'sho diag' but I didn't see where it said the type of card
> installed.
>
> I am planning to write a script to check the routers and export it to
> a Excel doc for further use.

sho hard
and/or
sho diag