Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Configure Cisco switch for Snort

Configure Cisco switch for Snort

Frank E Relaxx

How can I configure a port on my switched network to listen for all
packets so I can install a sniffer to track network intrusions.

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Frank E Relaxx <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:How can I configure a port on my switched network to listen for all
ackets so I can install a sniffer to track network intrusions.

IOS or CatOS?

Generally speaking, look for a 'SPAN' or 'RSPAN' feature
for your device in the Cisco Feature Navigator, to see what
software you need.

not tried it. -- Donald Knuth

Cisco IDS signature update vs. Snort Hoffa Cisco 0 01-24-2007 02:44 PM
Cisco 2950 and Snort Iris Cisco 0 03-21-2005 03:20 PM
REVIEW: "Intrusion Detection with Snort", Rafeeq Ur Rehman Rob Slade, doting grandpa of Ryan and Trevor Computer Security 1 10-13-2003 07:37 PM
REVIEW: "Intrusion Detection with Snort", Jack Koziol Rob Slade, doting grandpa of Ryan and Trevor Computer Security 0 10-07-2003 03:55 AM
New book reviews - Snort 2.0, Intrusion Detection with Snort and Hack I.T. - Penetration testing Lord Shaolin Computer Security 2 08-12-2003 08:56 AM

Advertisments