Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Simultaneous connections

Simultaneous connections

datbenik

How can i write a program that supports simultaneous multipart
download. So i want to open multiple connections to download one file.
Is this possible. If so, how?

datbenik

So this isn't possible with the urllib or with the urllib2?

Diez B. Roggisch

datbenik schrieb:
> How can i write a program that supports simultaneous multipart
> download. So i want to open multiple connections to download one file.
> Is this possible. If so, how?

In case of HTTP, the needed header is "Range". So I guess its all a
matter of making n connections, and specifying total_size/n consecutive
ranges in each request.

But be aware that the range is possibly nor supported - no idea how that
is communicated.

Googling reveals this:

http://linux.duke.edu/projects/urlgrabber/

Use that, or look at it and reprogram it accordingly.

Diez