Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Software for Cisco?

Software for Cisco?

Prince Of Thieves

Is there any software available for download for most/all Cisco
routers/firewalls which use a GUI approach to setting up the
router/firewall?

I'm looking at Cisco 801 routers and PIX 5 firewalls.

--

Prince Of Thieves

(To reply, remove NOSPAM from the email address)

Scooby

"Prince Of Thieves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7e61d.19$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any software available for download for most/all Cisco
> routers/firewalls which use a GUI approach to setting up the
> router/firewall?
>
> I'm looking at Cisco 801 routers and PIX 5 firewalls.
>
> --
>
> Prince Of Thieves
> |
> (To reply, remove NOSPAM from the email address)

Look at the SDM - not a bad basic piece of software. I believe it will run
on the 8xx series as well. You probably need a maint account to download
it.

Larry

"Prince Of Thieves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7e61d.19$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any software available for download for most/all Cisco
> routers/firewalls which use a GUI approach to setting up the
> router/firewall?

Yes, direct from Cisco.

> I'm looking at Cisco 801 routers and PIX 5 firewalls.

A support contract will get you access and usually starts at about $65 a
year.

Kirk Goins

Recent PIX OSes support a cisco product call PDM. 6.3 does a pretty good
job of basic configs. It has several wizards including site to site and
remote VPN.

Some of the 8xx routers come with CRW( I think that's the right 3
letters). Anyway it's a basic web based config tool.

SDM on the newer 8xx routers is a step up from the CRW but you still
need to know what you are doing.