Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Clicking at a certain x,y position in python? (Mac OSX)

Clicking at a certain x,y position in python? (Mac OSX)

Nainto

I have been searching and searching and cannot find a way to click at a
certain position in python. (Similar to http://tinyurl.com/9tap2 in
Cocoa) Does anyone know of a way? Thanks.

Diez B. Roggisch

Nainto wrote:

> I have been searching and searching and cannot find a way to click at a
> certain position in python. (Similar to http://tinyurl.com/9tap2 in
> Cocoa) Does anyone know of a way? Thanks.

Use pyobjc to perform the code given in your example.

Regards,

Diez

Nainto

There's no other way? I'd rather not have to use PyyyObjc.

Nainto

There's no other way? I'd rather not have to use PyObjc.

Diez B. Roggisch

Nainto wrote:

> There's no other way? I'd rather not have to use PyObjc.

Why not?

You migth be able to write a pure ObjC-Program that then is invoked somehow
from python - either command-line, or as extension-module.

But I guess that means jumping through lots of hoops pyobjc has been through
for ages.

Diez

Nainto

Yeah. It would be a lot easyer just to be able to run asomething
through the commandline but I'm not sure if commandline apps can take
with the window server. If If anyone knows of any other way It would be
greatly appreciated. (Thanks Diez)

Nainto

I found soemthing! The following link will lead you to a page that will
give you the code to to create a commandline tool that will manipulate
the mouse. Then you can just set mouseButtonDown to true and be on your
way!
http://tinyurl.com/br7ty

has

Nainto wrote:
> I have been searching and searching and cannot find a way to click at a certain position in python.

What for? There's a few ways it might be done, but what's best depends
on what you're trying to achieve.