Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Restart process with SIGHUP

Restart process with SIGHUP

LukasMeyerUK@gmail.com

Hello,

I'm trying to restart a process with the os.kill command. My Problem is
that if the command gets executed, my python script stops working. I
want to SIGHUP a process with the following command: os.kill(pid,
signal.SIGHUP).

Can anyone give me a hint in solving this?

Best regards,

Lukas

Mike Meyer

> I'm trying to restart a process with the os.kill command. My Problem is
> that if the command gets executed, my python script stops working. I
> want to SIGHUP a process with the following command: os.kill(pid,
> signal.SIGHUP).

That looks right.

> Can anyone give me a hint in solving this?

Not without knowing what the problem really is. Show us code. Show us
a traceback (best) or otherwise provide details about what "stops
working" means.

<mike

LukasMeyerUK@gmail.com

Got it working now. It was a silly character pid instead of an int..

int(pid) fixed it.

Thanks anyway!

regards, Lukas