Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Call Manager PLAR and Barge, cBarge functionality -custom

Call Manager PLAR and Barge, cBarge functionality -custom

chris m

As it stands in a normal configuration, Cbarge and Barge will not work
on a line appearance when another user has that single FXO line
siezed. I have this setup on 7960/7914 sidecars as line appearances
when the second user attempts to barge inot the ongoing call, the line
goes off hook and immediately executes the (translation pattern)
-speed dial to get to the PLAR.

-- Is there a way to buy time via something like, say, ...the
interdigit timeout to grant the user some time to be able to hit the
cBarge softkey before the CCM executes the null translation pattern
before that forces the ringdown? Technically from a conceptual
standpoint, this could work if there were a way (workaround) to delay
the execution of that dial string on that line appearance.

regards,
Chris

chris m

After much wrangling with the PLAR and breaking it and rebuilding it
again. After my friend's Don's advice, I configured an identical route
pattern to match the range if DN's -with one extra X in it to force
the potential matches to two patterns, this forced the CCM to wait out
the interdigit timeout and allow me sufficient time to hit the cBarge
softkey. It works, only caveat is that the PLAR takes a few seconds to
execute on the initial call to that PLAR'd endpoint. After that,
everyone with the shar'd line appearance PLAR can dive-in on that PLAR
call via thier share with Barge, cBarge.

Thanks, Don!

I.O.U. a beer -or five.

connection plar Wayne Cisco 0 02-07-2007 12:05 AM
connection plar command question R Siffredi Cisco 0 12-08-2003 08:39 PM

Advertisments