Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Anyone using SPE editor on Ubuntu?

Anyone using SPE editor on Ubuntu?

SPE - Stani's Python Editor

Hi,

I'm playing around with the latest (soon to be released) SPE on Ubuntu.
This probably will increase the quality of SPE on Ubuntu and Linux/GTK
in general. I already made some patches, but I would like to get in
contact with SPE users on Ubuntu. The version of SPE which is now
available on Ubuntu now is quite deprecated.

I adapted SPE such that it can ran out of the box of an archive (zip or
tar.gz). This has the advantage that Linux (but also Mac and Windows)
don't have to install SPE anymore, although that option will remain.
So if you want quickly to see what SPE is all about, you can just run
it out of a folder or USB stick, provided the right version of wxPython
(2.6) is installed on the system, which is always the case with Ubuntu
boxes.

So if you (want to) use SPE on Ubuntu, please contact me.

Thanks,
Stani
--
http://pythonide.stani.be
http://pythonide.stani.be/screenshots

Birdman

I use SPE and my editor on my primary OS and I'd be very interested in
using SPE with Ubuntu.

SPE - Stani's Python Editor

So is Ubuntu your primary OS? Please email me privately at
pythonide.stani.be_gmail.com

News about new release you can follow here:
http://pythonide.stani.be/blog

Stani's python ide 'spe' editor problem Rick King Python 1 04-09-2008 08:19 PM
SPE (Stani's Python Editor) web site? John DeRosa Python 7 12-06-2006 10:38 PM
SPE editor slow? timmy Python 3 11-06-2006 11:41 PM
ANN: SPE 0.8.3.c Python IDE editor SPE - Stani's Python Editor Python 4 11-01-2006 10:20 PM
UPDATE: SPE 0.7.4.d Python Editor released Stani Python 2 07-26-2005 01:39 AM

Advertisments