Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > suppress pyc generation

suppress pyc generation

Eddy Ilg

Hi,

I would like to suppress .pyc generation or have the .pyc generation in a
speical seperate root (I found something about PYCROOT). Has this been
implemented yet? Is there an environment variable or a command line switch
that suppresses .pyc generation?

Eddy

Ivan Herman

There is a simple, though slightly ugly trick: if the directory where the python
module resides, is not writable to the python process, the python runtime will
silently ignore .pyc generation (as far as I know). It is not elegant, but it
works...

Ivan