Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > MRTG servers

MRTG servers

Benson

Hi,

Thank you all experts very much for answering my previous questions.

This time I would like to query about the Alert signal.

I am using MRTG to monitor the Cisco Routers, Switches, W2K3 Servers
and Exchange2003.

I want to set up some alerts levels on the devices:
1. a baseline for Router and Switches, so that whenever no traffic
for 5mins, a Alert Email will send to me via Email System;
2. Whenever the Bandwidths loading excceeding a certain values,
a alert signal is sent out.
3. A baseline for Network devices and Servers CPU ( I shall set
up 1 min interval monitoring ), whenever a CPU, RAM and Harddisk
capacities loading excceeds the threshold values, a alert Email
will send to me via Email System.
4. A threshold value for Exchange server( say Email Transfer rate ),
whenever the value is excceeded, a alert signal is sent.

How can I achieve the above requirements.

Thank you

hdu

I am not sure but I already with MRTG for many years but never heard that
can be done with MRTG.

May be you can check if nagios can do all you needed or you can write it
your own.

"Benson" <(E-Mail Removed)> ???
news:(E-Mail Removed) m ???...

--
~ Samba, more than a low cost File and Printer server ~

-- Let us OpenSource --

Spoettel Otmar

Benson wrote:
[How do check servers and routers]
Hello Benson,

we use for this tasks the tool "servers alive".(Enterprise Edition) ->
http://www.woodstone.nu/salive/
With tis tool you can check a lot of items and you have a lot of actions if
the check fails. Also it will generate automatical a website with the status
of all your checked items.

Btw.: We have connect a mobile phone with a serial cable to the salive
server. Because if your mailserver or your internet access is down, than you
can receive the information with your mobile phone via SMS.

Otmar

none

Look at the documentation on these MRTG configuration commands ...

ThreshMinI[]:
ThreshMaxI[]:
ThreshProgI[]:
ThreshProgOKI[]:

ThreshMinO[]:
ThreshMaxO[]:
ThreshProgO[]:
ThreshProgOKO[]:

You'll have to write your own programs to alert you, but MRTG will call them
when the Min. and Max. values are reached and when they return within normal
range.

"Benson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi,
>
> Thank you all experts very much for answering my previous questions.
>
> This time I would like to query about the Alert signal.
>
> I am using MRTG to monitor the Cisco Routers, Switches, W2K3 Servers
> and Exchange2003.
>
> I want to set up some alerts levels on the devices:
> 1. a baseline for Router and Switches, so that whenever no traffic
> for 5mins, a Alert Email will send to me via Email System;
> 2. Whenever the Bandwidths loading excceeding a certain values,
> a alert signal is sent out.
> 3. A baseline for Network devices and Servers CPU ( I shall set
> up 1 min interval monitoring ), whenever a CPU, RAM and Harddisk
> capacities loading excceeds the threshold values, a alert Email
> will send to me via Email System.
> 4. A threshold value for Exchange server( say Email Transfer rate ),
> whenever the value is excceeded, a alert signal is sent.
>

> How can I achieve the above requirements.
>
> Thank you

Benson

Oh....I see

Thanks a lot..

I shall write some triggers to send alert signals

"none" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<OwN%c.74$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> [...]

> > This time I would like to query about the Alert signal.
> >
> > I am using MRTG to monitor the Cisco Routers, Switches, W2K3 Servers
> > and Exchange2003.
> >
> > I want to set up some alerts levels on the devices:
> > 1. a baseline for Router and Switches, so that whenever no traffic
> > for 5mins, a Alert Email will send to me via Email System;
> > 2. Whenever the Bandwidths loading excceeding a certain values,
> > a alert signal is sent out.
> > 3. A baseline for Network devices and Servers CPU ( I shall set
> > up 1 min interval monitoring ), whenever a CPU, RAM and Harddisk
> > capacities loading excceeds the threshold values, a alert Email
> > will send to me via Email System.
> > 4. A threshold value for Exchange server( say Email Transfer rate ),
> > whenever the value is excceeded, a alert signal is sent.
> >

> > How can I achieve the above requirements.

Implementing dhcp servers and dns servers =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?= MCSE 20 06-23-2006 11:11 PM
33.6% of servers sold in Q4 2005 were Windows servers Au79 Computer Support 0 03-08-2006 07:11 AM
Re: MRTG + FWSM Walter Roberson Cisco 1 12-17-2004 12:39 PM
mrtg, snmp and cisco C2924 resets =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Pawe=B3_Go=B3aszewski?= Cisco 0 10-31-2003 12:49 PM

Advertisments