Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > X.25 forwarding by XOT

X.25 forwarding by XOT

Bernhard Roth

Hello!

I have a 1601 router with IOS 12.2(7d) installed. I have a ISDN BRI
Interface inside which is used to connect to the X.25 network (X.25
over D-Channel [X.31 case B]). I want to forward all the incoming X.25
packets to a host running a XOT daemon. All the X.25 packets received
by the router with XOT should be forwarded directly to the X.25
network. Can this be done and if yes how? I tried many things already
but no working results yet.

Thanks for any help/hints.

Best regards

Bernhard Roth

Hansang Bae

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> Hello!
>
> I have a 1601 router with IOS 12.2(7d) installed. I have a ISDN BRI
> Interface inside which is used to connect to the X.25 network (X.25
> over D-Channel [X.31 case B]). I want to forward all the incoming X.25
> packets to a host running a XOT daemon. All the X.25 packets received
> by the router with XOT should be forwarded directly to the X.25
> network. Can this be done and if yes how? I tried many things already
> but no working results yet.
>
> Thanks for any help/hints.

I don't follow. You want to route everything (x25) to the host?

The "All the X.25 packets received by the router with XOT should be
forwarded directly to the X.25 network." is confusing me.

--

hsb

HRB

One or two years back i was trying to do a similar setup (in
Switzerland). My experience was, that IOS only supports X.31 Case B
for outgoing calls but handles incoming calls as X.31 case A (x.25
packets over one of the B-channels instead over D-channel).
Therfore i suggest you use a ISDN TA which is capable of handling X.31
case B and connect its serial interface (back-to-back) with a serial
interface (configured with x.25 encapsulation)on the router. The x.25
packets coming in over this serial interface can then be x25-routed as
XOT to the host.

regards
Hansrudolf

forwarding Args&&... vs forwarding Args... Andrew Tomazos C++ 5 01-05-2012 11:15 PM
CISCO 1841 - X.25 - XOT - EICON cisco.kid Cisco 1 03-01-2008 02:40 PM
X.25 XOT SOFTWARE xray.id@gmail.com Cisco 0 10-26-2005 11:38 AM
pad to xot line autocommand Drx Cisco 2 07-16-2005 06:36 AM
XOT Headhunter Cisco 0 10-31-2003 02:57 AM

Advertisments