Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Can I use win32 COM object in a thread?

Can I use win32 COM object in a thread?

Pelmen

When I try to call a method of COM object, it return error about "There
wasn't 'CoInitialize' call", or if I use thread, I have to access COM
object methods in other way?

thanks for any help

Pelmen

Sorry for post, answer was near ... just do search

2. Ixokai

From: "Ixokai" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:05:08 -0800

Basically, adodbapi uses COM, and COM and threads require a bit of
care,
apparently. Your webkit thing may be using a thread to handle stuff.

import pythoncom
pythoncom.CoInitialize()
.... code ...
pythoncom.CoUnitialize()

You need to call pythoncom.CoInitialize() once for each thread...
theres
something about sys.coinit_flags = 0 (or 1) that may be nessecary but I

don't know what they mean precisely

--Stephen