Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Ethernet interface configuration in PIX

Ethernet interface configuration in PIX

Benson

Hi,

I have a PIX506 which has a WAN port and two Ethernet interfaces; the
WAN port is using the Broadband Line...so the ethernet(1st ) is used
for Internal User; the other ethernet ( 2nd ) interface is connecting
to the HQ network.

I want to know how to config the PIX506, so that
1. User wants to access the internet will use the Broadband line (Pix
WAN Port );

2. User wants to access the HQ will use the 2nd ethernet interface (
packet will forward to this interface )

Assume:

1. Internat network : 172.10.10.x/24
2. HQ network : 172.10.0.0 /16
3. The WAN Port : pppoe

Thank you

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Benson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:I have a PIX506 which has a WAN port and two Ethernet interfaces;

You must be mistaken: the PIX 506 is a fixed-configuration device
with only two interfaces. Perhaps you have a PIX 515?

--
Sub-millibarn resolution bio-hyperdimensional plasmatic space
polyimaging is just around the corner. -- Corry Lee Smith

PES

"Benson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I have a PIX506 which has a WAN port and two Ethernet interfaces; the
> WAN port is using the Broadband Line...so the ethernet(1st ) is used
> for Internal User; the other ethernet ( 2nd ) interface is connecting
> to the HQ network.
>
> I want to know how to config the PIX506, so that
> 1. User wants to access the internet will use the Broadband line (Pix
> WAN Port );
>
> 2. User wants to access the HQ will use the 2nd ethernet interface (
> packet will forward to this interface )
>

> Assume:
>
> 1. Internat network : 172.10.10.x/24
> 2. HQ network : 172.10.0.0 /16
> 3. The WAN Port : pppoe
>

> Thank you

HQ overlaps internal. Also, must be a pix 515 if it actually has more than
two interfaces. Or it could be a 501 which has two interfaces, but one
interface is actually a four port switch. In either case we need more info.

S. Gione

Benson,

Is it possible that the port you plan to use for "broadband" has a
powder-blue label?

If so, it's use (even though having an RJ-45 interface) is actually an async
serial connection for making a console connection ... not to be confused
with a WAN serial port on a router.