Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Can't ssh from Linux to PIX

Can't ssh from Linux to PIX

Ste

I can't get ssh connect to PIX. I get error messages from Linux box like
the followings:

The authenticaity of host 'pix (IP ...) can't be established.
Warning: Permantly added 'pix' (RSA1) to the list of known hosts.
Secleted cipher type <unknown> not supported by server.

I can ssh to the Linux box or PIX box from workstation seperately.

My goal is to ssh from external to Linux, then from Linux to PIX.

Maybe I am wrong: I don't have to use 2nd ssh from Linux to PIX after ssh
is connected, instead I simply use telnet??

Any help or comment here are very thankful.

Ste

Marty Jansen

Ste wrote:
> I can't get ssh connect to PIX. I get error messages from Linux box like
> the followings:

> The authenticaity of host 'pix (IP ...) can't be established.
> Warning: Permantly added 'pix' (RSA1) to the list of known hosts.
> Secleted cipher type <unknown> not supported by server.
>
> I can ssh to the Linux box or PIX box from workstation seperately.
>
> My goal is to ssh from external to Linux, then from Linux to PIX.
>
> Maybe I am wrong: I don't have to use 2nd ssh from Linux to PIX after ssh
> is connected, instead I simply use telnet??
>
> Any help or comment here are very thankful.
>
> Ste

Most images only support SSH1, if you are using SSH2 that could be the
problem

Marty

Rik Bain

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 10:22:27 -0500, Ste wrote:

> I can't get ssh connect to PIX. I get error messages from Linux box
> like the followings:
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------- The
> authenticaity of host 'pix (IP ...) can't be established. .... Warning:
> Permantly added 'pix' (RSA1) to the list of known hosts. Secleted cipher
> type <unknown> not supported by server.
>
> I can ssh to the Linux box or PIX box from workstation seperately.
>
> My goal is to ssh from external to Linux, then from Linux to PIX.
>
> Maybe I am wrong: I don't have to use 2nd ssh from Linux to PIX after
> ssh is connected, instead I simply use telnet??
>
> Any help or comment here are very thankful.
>
> Ste

Try specifying the cipher type as des or 3des. for example:

ssh -l pix -c des 10.10.220.1

Rik Bain