Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ubr904 IOS Upgrade

ubr904 IOS Upgrade

JP

I have a Cisco ubr904 cable access modem/router. It is currently
running IOS 11.3. Does anyone have any information about where I can
find, if any, information on a free IOS upgrade for this product, or
the pricing on upgrading it?

I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product.

ec

"JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>I have a Cisco ubr904 cable access modem/router. It is currently
> running IOS 11.3. Does anyone have any information about where I can
> find, if any, information on a free IOS upgrade for this product, or
> the pricing on upgrading it?
>
> I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
> nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product.

Get a service contract.

JP

"ec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<x_t_c.204066$sh.181518@fed1read06>...
> "JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> >I have a Cisco ubr904 cable access modem/router. It is currently
> > running IOS 11.3. Does anyone have any information about where I can
> > find, if any, information on a free IOS upgrade for this product, or
> > the pricing on upgrading it?
> >
> > I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
> > nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product.

> Get a service contract.

I don't want a service contract. that costs $$$. And since it is an
EOL product, Cisco wants to come to my house to make sure it is in
good working condition. THat is why I said in my post

"I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product."

Town Dummy

You can call Cisco and talk to one of their sales people and/or entitlement
people. Most of the time they are farily reasonable about just giving you
and upgrade if you are reasonable.

"ec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news_t_c.204066$sh.181518@fed1read06...

> "JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> >I have a Cisco ubr904 cable access modem/router. It is currently
> > running IOS 11.3. Does anyone have any information about where I can
> > find, if any, information on a free IOS upgrade for this product, or
> > the pricing on upgrading it?
> >
> > I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
> > nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product.

> Get a service contract.

David Van Cleef

JP wrote:
> "ec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<x_t_c.204066$sh.181518@fed1read06>...
>
>>"JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) .com...
>>
>>>I have a Cisco ubr904 cable access modem/router. It is currently
>>>running IOS 11.3. Does anyone have any information about where I can
>>>find, if any, information on a free IOS upgrade for this product, or
>>>the pricing on upgrading it?
>>>
>>>I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
>>>nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product.

>>Get a service contract.

> I don't want a service contract. that costs $$$. And since it is an
> EOL product, Cisco wants to come to my house to make sure it is in
> good working condition. THat is why I said in my post
>
> "I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
> nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product."

Your best bet would probably be to get on CCO, find a security advisory
that is applicable to your product and whose resolution is a software
upgrade. Then call up your Cisco rep, quote the security advisory and
see what they can do for you.

JP

I have talked to Cisco about this and their response was:
"At this time individual IOS upgrades are not available for the 904
cable modem. The UBR904 went end of sale in July 2001. New smartnet
agreements are no longer available for the UBR904. Last availability
date for a new smartnet agreement was July 2002."

Seeing as how they are not selling updates, and will not be making any
money, does anyone have a ubr904 IOS upgrade that I can use. Anything
in version 11/12 will help.

Thanks.

"Town Dummy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> You can call Cisco and talk to one of their sales people and/or entitlement
> people. Most of the time they are farily reasonable about just giving you
> and upgrade if you are reasonable.
>

> "ec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news_t_c.204066$sh.181518@fed1read06...
> >
> > "JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > >I have a Cisco ubr904 cable access modem/router. It is currently
> > > running IOS 11.3. Does anyone have any information about where I can
> > > find, if any, information on a free IOS upgrade for this product, or
> > > the pricing on upgrading it?
> > >
> > > I don't have a service contract, cco account, or ccie certification,
> > > nor do I want any of these. I just want to upgrade my product.

> > Get a

service contract.

instructions on how to perform an IOS upgrade on a Catalyst 6500 switch (IOS to IOS) Mike Rahl Cisco 1 05-30-2007 05:22 PM
ubr904 IOS Jonathan Cisco 3 08-18-2005 09:06 PM
Reset Cisco uBR904 to factory defaults Torsten Brasch Cisco 0 07-30-2005 09:27 PM
Cisco UBR904 DMAN Cisco 1 02-21-2004 07:07 AM
Cisco UBR904 DMAN Cisco 0 02-10-2004 03:49 AM

Advertisments