Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > forward PPTP

forward PPTP

ch3wck

I'm using a One IP static plan. The firewall behind the Router is
setup as a VPN Server. How do i set up the cisco to forward all PPTP
traffic to my Firewall ?

thanks.

PES

"ch3wck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I'm using a One IP static plan. The firewall behind the Router is
> setup as a VPN Server. How do i set up the cisco to forward all PPTP
> traffic to my Firewall ?
>
> thanks.
> (E-Mail Removed)

I've not tried this before, but according to http://tinyurl.com/26x3l the
pptp enhancements will also work on the pptp server sides. So with 12.1(4)T
or 12.2 or above I think, just redirecting tcp port 1723 will allow the
multiple gre sessions to have nat entries as needed.

mh

PPTP uses TCP port 1723 and IP protocol 47 for GRE

Your router must permit these if you have access-lists configured

PES

"mh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> PPTP uses TCP port 1723 and IP protocol 47 for GRE
>
> Your router must permit these if you have access-lists configured

MH is correct. In addition to forwarding, if you are using acl's, permit
1723 and gre.