Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Security Monitoring/Reporting

Security Monitoring/Reporting

RC

I'm looking for a simple tool for monitoring and reporting logon attempts
both successful and failures for a Cisco PIX. I've already looked at so many
different products I can barely see straight, and would like to hear about
some real world situation. Now the catch, it's for a small company, 30-50
nodes, one PIX, a router, 2 or three servers (Windows), a few VPN clients
through the PIX, and a very limited budget.

What I'd like it to do.
Simple setup.
Real-time Alerts for multiple failed logon attempts.
Automatically generated reports (emailed to an Admin).
Supporting the PIX and if possible the servers.
Web based admin and on-demand reports.
Single box solution.
Not subscription based, or remotely hosted.

Now I know that there are hundreds of products that do this, and I know a
simple SNMP and syslog based solution would do this, but I'm looking for a
canned solution that is easy to set up for a few key items.

And please, if you SELL the product say so. I know sales types will reply
but I'd like to know if it's a satisfied user or a sales rep up front.

Thanks all