Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Great books on Python?

Great books on Python?

Tolga

I am not unfamiliar to programming but a newbie in Python. Could you
recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
solid books are welcome.

Thanx in advance.

BartlebyScrivener

D H

Tolga wrote:
> I am not unfamiliar to programming but a newbie in Python. Could you
> recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
> solid books are welcome.

http://www.ibiblio.org/g2swap/byteof...ead/index.html
http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/

Xavier Morel

Tolga wrote:
> I am not unfamiliar to programming but a newbie in Python. Could you
> recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
> solid books are welcome.
>
> Thanx in advance.

I'd call Dive Into Python a reference, it's an extremely clear yet
pythonic book, and it's available online for free.

And I guess that you already checked it, but the Python's Tutorial is --
of course -- imperative.

Nate Bargmann

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 06:15:17 -0800, Tolga wrote:

> I am not unfamiliar to programming but a newbie in Python. Could you
> recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
> solid books are welcome.
>
> Thanx in advance.

O'Reilly's Learning Python Second Edition covers up to version 2.3 and
presumes a bit of knowledge with C. I've found it well written with a
rather low count of errors.

- Nate >>

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds,
the pessimist fears this is true."

David Van Mosselbeen

Tolga wrote:

> I am not unfamiliar to programming but a newbie in Python. Could you
> recommend me (a) great book(s) to start with? Free online books or
> solid books are welcome.
>
> Thanx in advance.

Some days ago there was an similar subject 'Learning Python', wish give you
some usefull informations a hope.

If you ask me for some greats book, a answer "O'Reilly !"

1) Learning Python
2) programming Python
3) Python Pocket Reference
4) Python in a Nuteshell
5) Python Essential Reference
6) Python Cookbook

Begin to buy the first ('1)') book, then second ('2)') ...

A fatal link that surelly help
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_...rammeertaal%29 . I know it's in
Dutch language but there is a usefull link on the bottom of this page ... I
hope you think in same manner (some troubles to explain me), try and buy...
Buy if you like it and if you use it...I hope is clearly enought !!!

N.B.: I have not make this page on Wikipedia.

--
David Van Mosselbeen - Debian Sarge user

Great Lakes Ruby Bash -- Great Line-Up of Speakers -- RegistrationOpen (Hurry for Lunch!) Eric I. Ruby 0 10-05-2008 06:35 PM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
Re: CANON - The Great Innovator (was: CANON - The Great Pretender) William Graham Digital Photography 2 08-23-2004 03:17 AM

Advertisments