Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Managing import statements

Re: Managing import statements

Jean-Paul Calderone

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:40:12 -0500, Kent Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 02:21:39 -0700, Shane Hathaway
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> How about PyLint / PyChecker? Can I configure one of them to tell me
>>> only about missing / extra imports? Last time I used one of those
>>> tools, it spewed excessively pedantic warnings. Should I reconsider?

>> I use pyflakes for this: <http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/DivmodPyflakes>.
>> The *only* things it tells me about are modules that are imported but
>> never used and names that are used but n

>Do any of these tools (PyLint, PyChecker, pyflakes) work with Jython? To
>do so they would have to work with Python 2.1, primarily...

Pyflakes will *check* Python 2.1, though you will have to run pyflakes
itself using Python 2.3 or newer.

Jean-Paul

Kent Johnson

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:40:12 -0500, Kent Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Do any of these tools (PyLint, PyChecker, pyflakes) work with Jython? To
>> do so they would have to work with Python 2.1, primarily...

> Pyflakes will *check* Python 2.1, though you will have to run pyflakes
> itself using Python 2.3 or newer.

In that case will it freak when it sees imports that aren't valid in
CPython, like

import java
from javax.swing import JLabel

or is it doing syntactic analysis without trying to load the referenced
modules?

Hmm, maybe I should just try it...

Thanks,
Kent