Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > pyqt

Kuljo

Hi,
I'm trying to explore pyqt: ev erthing works OK, but I have still two
questions:
- Can I execute bash commands in a python script (e.g. ls -l or grep)?
- In the QT Designer there are also KDE-widgets but I'm not sucseeded to
get them work in pyqt (it says: "self.kProgress1 =
KProgress(self,"kProgress1") NameError: global name 'KProgress' is not
defined").
Are the not implemented there or I should install some additional
software?
regards
Kuljo

Giovanni Bajo

Kuljo wrote:

> - Can I execute bash commands in a python script (e.g. ls -l or grep)?

Yes, for instance with os.system or os.popen. It won't be portable though.

> - In the QT Designer there are also KDE-widgets but I'm not sucseeded
> to get them work in pyqt (it says: "self.kProgress1 =
> KProgress(self,"kProgress1") NameError: global name 'KProgress' is not
> defined").
> Are the not implemented there or I should install some additional
> software?

PyKDE.
--
Giovanni Bajo

PyQT, Sharp Zaurus and color in the QTextBrowser Sybren Stuvel Python 12 07-16-2003 03:14 PM
ANN: PyQt v3.7 Released Phil Thompson Python 0 07-05-2003 06:01 PM
Re: PyQT and Mandrake 9.1 MK Python 5 07-03-2003 05:01 PM
PyQt and async I/O djw Python 1 07-02-2003 01:23 AM

Advertisments