Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > iron python exe problem

iron python exe problem

ajikoe@gmail.com

Hello,

I have test.py:
print 'hello'

I compile using iron python the result is test.exe

I have got error message when I tried to call test.exe telling that
test.exe is not a valid win32 application.

How can I solve this problem?

Sincerely Yours,
Pujo

Nick Ballard

> Hello,
>
> I have test.py:
> print 'hello'
>
> I compile using iron python the result is test.exe
>
> I have got error message when I tried to call test.exe telling that
> test.exe is not a valid win32 application.
>
> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Sincerely Yours,
> Pujo

Which version are you using?

http://www.usenet.com

Fredrik Lundh

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I have test.py:
> print 'hello'
>
> I compile using iron python the result is test.exe
>
> I have got error message when I tried to call test.exe telling that
> test.exe is not a valid win32 application.
>
> How can I solve this problem?

since ironpython is still under heavy development, you'll probably reach more iron-
python users and developers by posting to the ironpython mailing list:

btw, a quick search of the mailing list archives brought up this post:

http://lists.ironpython.com/htdig.cg...ne/000749.html

which may or may not be relevant, depending on what version you're using.

</F>

ajikoe@gmail.com

I use version 0.9.5
Windows xp with .net framework 2.0, visual studio Express

pujo

D H

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have test.py:
> print 'hello'
>
> I compile using iron python the result is test.exe
>
> I have got error message when I tried to call test.exe telling that
> test.exe is not a valid win32 application.
>
> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Sincerely Yours,
> Pujo

drag all the ironpython dlls into the same folder as your generated exe
and try again. That error could also be a result of running a .net 2
app in .net 1.1 or something similar.

ajikoe@gmail.com

Hello,

I run exactly inside IronPython-0.9.5\bin where IronPython.dll exist.
I've already uninstalled my .net 1.1 so there is onle .net 2.0

pujo

Dennis Lee Bieber

On 6 Dec 2005 08:25:43 -0800, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> Hello,
>
> I run exactly inside IronPython-0.9.5\bin where IronPython.dll exist.
> I've already uninstalled my .net 1.1 so there is onle .net 2.0

REINSTALL 1.1... Even M$ states that the two releases are supposed
to co-exist...
> (E-Mail Removed) | Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG <

D H

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On 6 Dec 2005 08:25:43 -0800, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I run exactly inside IronPython-0.9.5\bin where IronPython.dll exist.
>>I've already uninstalled my .net 1.1 so there is onle .net 2.0
>>

> REINSTALL 1.1... Even M$ states that the two releases are supposed
> to co-exist...

IronPython is .net 2 only, I believe, so .NET 1.1 should be unnecessary.

Dennis Lee Bieber

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:26:17 -0600, D H <(E-Mail Removed)> declaimed the following
in comp.lang.python:

> IronPython is .net 2 only, I believe, so .NET 1.1 should be unnecessary.

I was speaking in general terms... M$ seems to expect that both will
be available which implies that 2 is not an upward expansion from 1.1
> (E-Mail Removed) | Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG <

IDEs for COM scripting: C# v. Python v. Iron Python v. JPython Siegfried Heintze Python 6 07-06-2007 07:10 PM
Iron Python Jon Harrop Python 5 05-16-2007 07:18 AM
(Iron)Python on new MS robotics platform George Sakkis Python 0 06-22-2006 12:48 PM
Iron on printing flomers@prodigy.net Computer Support 6 11-06-2004 09:27 PM
OT: How to iron clothes for MCSE interview Network Guru MCSE 10 12-10-2003 02:09 AM

Advertisments