Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Pickle for MPI

Pickle for MPI

tooper

Hello,

Did anybody tried python pickle module over heterogeneous 32/64 bits
mpi exchanges to overcome the translation problem ? i.e. pickling on
one side (let's say a 32-bits OS side), sending the buffer as string
through mpi and unpickling on the other side (let's say a 64-bits OS
side)

Any well known pitfall or advice before I try this way would be welcome
!
Thanks a lot in advance !
Regards,
Thierry

David E. Konerding DSD staff

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>, tooper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Did anybody tried python pickle module over heterogeneous 32/64 bits
> mpi exchanges to overcome the translation problem ? i.e. pickling on
> one side (let's say a 32-bits OS side), sending the buffer as string
> through mpi and unpickling on the other side (let's say a 64-bits OS
> side)
>

> Any well known pitfall or advice before I try this way would be welcome

Why would this be relevant at all? All the machines in an MPI group
have to be heterogenous.

While I'm at it: using pickles in pyMPI was a really dumb idea.

Dave