Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: ANN: Louie-1.0b2 - Signal dispatching mechanism

Re: ANN: Louie-1.0b2 - Signal dispatching mechanism

Thomas Heller

> Louie 1.0b2 is available:
>
> <http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/Louie>
>
> Louie provides Python programmers with a straightforward way to
> dispatch signals between objects in a wide variety of contexts. It is
> based on PyDispatcher_, which in turn was based on a highly-rated
> recipe_ in the Python Cookbook.
>
> .. _PyDispatcher: http://pydispatcher.sf.net/
>
> .. _recipe: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Coo...n/Recipe/87056
>

> For more information, visit the Louie project site:
> <http://louie.berlios.de/>
>
> Patrick K. O'Brien and contributors
> <(E-Mail Removed)>

What is the difference between PyDispatcher and Louie?
(I'm still using a hacked version of the original cookbook recipe...)

Thanks,

Thomas

Pat

Thomas Heller wrote:

> What is the difference between PyDispatcher and Louie?
> (I'm still using a hacked version of the original cookbook recipe...)

Not too much at this point, but the general differences are listed on
this page:

http://louie.berlios.de/changes.html

Matt and I plan to experiment with other changes for Nufox, PyQt,
Schevo and other things that we are working on.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech http://www.orbtech.com

Thomas Heller

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Thomas Heller wrote:
>>
>> What is the difference between PyDispatcher and Louie?
>> (I'm still using a hacked version of the original cookbook recipe...)

> Not too much at this point, but the general differences are listed on
> this page:
>
> http://louie.berlios.de/changes.html
>
> Matt and I plan to experiment with other changes for Nufox, PyQt,
> Schevo and other things that we are working on.

Ok, so I won't need it (yet).

Thanks (and also for the original dispatcher module, of which I'm a very
happy user).

Thomas

Matthew Scott

Thomas Heller wrote:
> "Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> > Thomas Heller wrote:
> >> What is the difference between PyDispatcher and Louie?

> > Not too much at this point, but the general differences are listed on
> > this page:
> >
> > http://louie.berlios.de/changes.html

> Ok, so I won't need it (yet).

One difference that may help you out if you ever experiment with PJE's
RuleDispatch, is that the 'louie' top-level package name does not
conflict with RuleDispatch's 'dispatch' top-level package name.

- Matthew