Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > XMLSchema Parsing

XMLSchema Parsing

Dennis Benzinger

km schrieb:
> Hi all,
> i'd like to know if there are any good XMLSchema (.xsd files) parsing modules in python.
> regards,
> KM

Try lxml <http://codespeak.net/lxml/> a pythonic binding for the libxml2
and libxslt libraries.

Bye,
Dennis

Tim N. van der Leeuw

Hi,

Depends entirely on what you want. I've written some XSD tools in
Python that do exactly what I want -- but don't offer support for any
XSD features that I didn't happen to need.
Module I wrote supports include/import and redefine; parses sequences,
complexTypes and simpleTypes, but not much more.

I also have some tool that generates basic XSD files from sample input
xmls, and a tool that generates sample xml files from an XSD.

I'm not aware of any Python XSD tooling but did you search google on
it?

How much of XSD do you need to be supported? And what do you need to do
with it?

cheers,

--Tim

km

uche.ogbuji@gmail.com

km wrote:
> i'd like to know if there are any good XMLSchema (.xsd files) parsing modules in python.
> regards,

Parse and do what? You can parse WXS (a.k.a. XSD) with any XML parser
out there.

Anyway, off-head, Python tools that handle WXS, to some extent:

xsv
libxml2/Python
lxml
generateDS.py