Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Can bdist_wininst built installer require minimum python version?

Can bdist_wininst built installer require minimum python version?

SPE - Stani's Python Editor

A SPE user reported this:

http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?fu...&group_id=4161
>SPE Installer gives option for installing for python22 (i have python22, 23, and 24 installed)
>I thought that spe requried 2.3+ (ie it should allow for 23, 24 but not 22).

Is there anyway that SPE can require a minimum version (eg python 23)?

Thanks,
Stani

--
http://pythonide.stani.be
http://pythonide.stani.be/manual/html/manual.html

Thomas Heller

"SPE - Stani's Python Editor" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> A SPE user reported this:
>
> http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?fu...&group_id=4161
>>SPE Installer gives option for installing for python22 (i have
>>python22, 23, and 24 installed) I thought that spe requried 2.3+ (ie
>>it should allow for 23, 24 but not 22).

> Is there anyway that SPE can require a minimum version (eg python 23)?

No. Although you could build installers requiring a specific Python
version, even if only pure Python modules are included, with the
--target-version command line switch. Of course, then you have to build
separate installers for each version.

Thomas