Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Stretching a bitmap

Stretching a bitmap

David Poundall

Is it possible to import a bitmap and stretch it to fit a defined area
with wxPython? If so, could someone point me to any relevent web
reference on the subject?

Thanks in advance

David

NavyJay

Try ImageMagik: http://www.imagemagick.org/

David Poundall

I need to be able to do this on the fly within a WX frame. I think I
have found it though. There is a resize function in the image class in
the _core code of wxPython. All I have to do now is learn how to
access the bugger. Syntax anyone ??

Larry Bates

Python Imaging Library (PIL) can size bitmaps. I use
it to create thumbnails or to size bitmaps quite often.
There may be a "wxPython" built-in for this also, but
I don't know what it would be.

-Larry Bates