Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > IOS between 2950 and 3550

Reply
Thread Tools

IOS between 2950 and 3550

 
 
Nadir Sahnoun
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2004
Hi all,

Does Cisco IOS for Catalyst 2950 (48 ports + 2 giga) is the same for
Catalyst 3550 (48 ports + 2 giga) ?

I have the following versions :

Catalyst 3550 = Version 12.1(13)EA1a
Catalyst 2950 = Version 12.1(19)EA1c

ThankYou very much !!

Best Regards
NS


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Walter Roberson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Nadir Sahnoun <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
oes Cisco IOS for Catalyst 2950 (48 ports + 2 giga) is the same for
:Catalyst 3550 (48 ports + 2 giga) ?

No.


:I have the following versions :

:Catalyst 3550 = Version 12.1(13)EA1a
:Catalyst 2950 = Version 12.1(19)EA1c

C2950 EI and SI IOS Image for 12.1(22)EA1 is binary file
c2950-i6q4l2-mz.12.1-22.EA1

C3350 EMI IOS Image for 12.1(22)EA1 is binary file
c3550-i5q3l2-mz.12.1-22.EA1

Completely different binary files.
--
"Mathematics? I speak it like a native." -- Spike Milligan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nadir Sahnoun
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2004
Hi,

Thanks a lot Walter for your very quick response !

My catalysts modelss are exactly :
WS-C2950G-48-EI
WS-C3550-48-EMI

Can you confirm the last image version for 2950 and 3550 ?

Thank a lot a gain !!! and nice week

Best Regards
NS



"Walter Roberson" <(E-Mail Removed)-cnrc.gc.ca> a écrit dans le message de
news:cgnncg$6qm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Nadir Sahnoun <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> oes Cisco IOS for Catalyst 2950 (48 ports + 2 giga) is the same for
> :Catalyst 3550 (48 ports + 2 giga) ?
>
> No.
>
>
> :I have the following versions :
>
> :Catalyst 3550 = Version 12.1(13)EA1a
> :Catalyst 2950 = Version 12.1(19)EA1c
>
> C2950 EI and SI IOS Image for 12.1(22)EA1 is binary file
> c2950-i6q4l2-mz.12.1-22.EA1
>
> C3350 EMI IOS Image for 12.1(22)EA1 is binary file
> c3550-i5q3l2-mz.12.1-22.EA1
>
> Completely different binary files.
> --
> "Mathematics? I speak it like a native." -- Spike Milligan



 
Reply With Quote
 
Walter Roberson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Nadir Sahnoun <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:My catalysts modelss are exactly :
:WS-C2950G-48-EI
:WS-C3550-48-EMI
:Can you confirm the last image version for 2950 and 3550 ?

C2950 EI and SI IOS Image for 12.1(22)EA1 is binary file
c2950-i6q4l2-mz.12.1-22.EA1

C3550 EMI IOS Image for 12.1(22)EA1a is probably binary file
c3550-i5q3l2-mz.12.1-22.EA1a

but I didn't check that Sometimes the 'a' releases encode the
names a little differently.

Note that there is also an 12.1(?)EZ stream for the C2950; also
note that the SMI image for the C3550 has a different name.
--
Whose posting was this .signature Google'd from?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nadir Sahnoun
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-29-2004
ThankYou very much Walter


"Walter Roberson" <(E-Mail Removed)-cnrc.gc.ca> a écrit dans le message de
news:cgntqp$ilc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Nadir Sahnoun <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> :My catalysts modelss are exactly :
> :WS-C2950G-48-EI
> :WS-C3550-48-EMI
> :Can you confirm the last image version for 2950 and 3550 ?
>
> C2950 EI and SI IOS Image for 12.1(22)EA1 is binary file
> c2950-i6q4l2-mz.12.1-22.EA1
>
> C3550 EMI IOS Image for 12.1(22)EA1a is probably binary file
> c3550-i5q3l2-mz.12.1-22.EA1a
>
> but I didn't check that Sometimes the 'a' releases encode the
> names a little differently.
>
> Note that there is also an 12.1(?)EZ stream for the C2950; also
> note that the SMI image for the C3550 has a different name.
> --
> Whose posting was this .signature Google'd from?



 
Reply With Quote
 
nkozarski@tbc.bg nkozarski@tbc.bg is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1
 
      07-28-2008
can somebody send me cisco ios 12.1 for c2950g. here is my email :(E-Mail Removed) . Thank you in advance
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
differnce between a 2950 xl and a 2950 Cisco switch? Tacobell Cisco 5 03-13-2007 07:18 AM
VLAN between a 2950 and a 3550 bradmclaren Hardware 1 10-23-2006 07:16 PM
how to set a vlan connection for cisco 2950, 3550 and 2900? Little Cisco 3 06-22-2004 04:43 AM
Re: Differences between 3550-24-SMI and 3550-24-EMI Steinar Haug Cisco 0 10-20-2003 02:59 PM
Differences between 3550-24-SMI and 3550-24-EMI JohnNews Cisco 10 10-20-2003 12:33 PM



Advertisments