Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Goto XY

Re: Goto XY

Jean-Paul Calderone

On 8 Nov 2005 17:27:24 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>Is there some command in python so that I can read a key's input and
>then use a gotoxy() function to move the cursor on screen? e.g.:
>(psuedo-code)
>
>When the right arrow is pushed, cursor gotoxy(x+1,y)

You can uses curses for this, on platforms where curses is supported. Twisted Conch also includes some terminal manipulation code. Both are basically POSIX-only, though Twisted might expand to work with win32 at some point. At some point in the past I think there was a win32 curses port, but I don't think it's maintained anymore.

Jean-Paul