Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Clearing a IP Address from 3500 switch.

Clearing a IP Address from 3500 switch.

Bryany Stimpson

Hello,

I want my switch to be cleared of its previous IP address and go back
to the factory settings. I have tried holding in the Mode button for
eight seconds but nothing happens.
Can anyone tell me an easy way to sort this very trivial problem.

Thanks

Mirko Kulpa

Bryany Stimpson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want my switch to be cleared of its previous IP address and go back
> to the factory settings. I have tried holding in the Mode button for
> eight seconds but nothing happens.
> Can anyone tell me an easy way to sort this very trivial problem.
>
> Thanks

Wont you clear the ip address or the entire configuration?
To erase the config: connect to the switch via telnet or console and
enter the command "write erase".

Mirko
--
http://uridium.net/net/guide2na - Fehlersuche in Netzwerken