Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > About the Python Expert

About the Python Expert

blah@blah.blah

Hey, i didnt say i need an expert. wel i did... anyways, i m just
saying that Fan is not a good python programmer, he doesnt know enough
python to help those who have joined his group, i know its askin a
lot, and i m not askin for a private tutor, just someone(s), to pop
into the group, see the discussions and help the people. but it is ur
decision.
--
* Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Beta 7
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

bruno at modulix

> Hey, i didnt say i need an expert. wel i did... anyways, i m just
> saying that Fan is not a good python programmer, he doesnt know enough
> python to help those who have joined his group, i know its askin a
> lot, and i m not askin for a private tutor, just someone(s), to pop
> into the group, see the discussions and help the people. but it is ur
> decision.

Why would someone "pop into the group" when there are already this
newsgroup and the tutor ml ?

And if you are not happy with whatever group you joined, just quit.

--
bruno desthuilliers
p in '(E-Mail Removed)'.split('@')])"

Grant Edwards

On 2005-11-02, blahman ((E-Mail Removed)) <> wrote:

> Hey, i didnt say i need an expert. wel i did... anyways, i m just
> saying that Fan is not a good python programmer, he doesnt know enough
> python to help those who have joined his group,

They should have "joined a group" that _does_ contain people
who know enough to help. Comp.lang.python, for example. Or
the tutor mailing list.

> i know its askin a lot,

Yes it is. As apparently is spelling and punctuation.

> and i m not askin for a private tutor, just someone(s), to pop
> into the group, see the discussions and help the people. but
> it is ur decision.

There's _already_ a tutor mailing list and a general Python
newsgroup -- both full of knowledgeable and helpful people.

[Since I took a shot at this guy's spelling, there's _got_ to
be a spelling error in my post, but I can't find it...]

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I want a VEGETARIAN
at BURRITO to go... with

Steve Holden

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hey, i didnt say i need an expert. wel i did... anyways, i m just
> saying that Fan is not a good python programmer, he doesnt know enough
> python to help those who have joined his group, i know its askin a
> lot, and i m not askin for a private tutor, just someone(s), to pop
> into the group, see the discussions and help the people. but it is ur
> decision.

If the guy who started the group isn't an appropriate mentor then a more
advanced programmer would probably find it irritating to have to correct
his mistakes.

I'd still recommend that you direct the members to the tutor list rather
than trying to shore up an ineffective initiative.

Good luck either way.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC www.holdenweb.com

Re: Python Programming expert - adding user Dennis Lee Bieber Python 0 07-19-2012 05:47 PM
Great exercise for python expert ! manatlan Python 11 11-28-2008 04:25 PM
Python Expert Perseo Python 4 08-24-2006 02:30 PM
(Job) SF BAY AREA -- Python Expert jscalisi@gmail.com Python 0 07-03-2006 09:13 PM
advice for perl expert wanting to learn python Zeljko Vrba Python 13 08-24-2004 09:01 PM

Advertisments