Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 1231 AP power below 30mW

1231 AP power below 30mW

Phil

Has anyone ever had any issues with turning down the power of an 1231 AP
below 30 mW? I have a very dense area that I need to cover. I want to
make sure I have enough APs to support 200 clients in a two story
building with 4-5 classrooms per floor.

Aaron Leonard

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:47:37 -0500, Phil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

~ Has anyone ever had any issues with turning down the power of an 1231 AP
~ below 30 mW? I have a very dense area that I need to cover. I want to
~ make sure I have enough APs to support 200 clients in a two story
~ building with 4-5 classrooms per floor.

For wireless networks that are used to support 7920 phones,
which can require dense AP coverage, 20mW is a typical
transmit setting. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...800f6d97.shtml
for some information on installing a network to support
7920s, which should have some applicability to your case.

Aaron

Phil

Aaron Leonard wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:47:37 -0500, Phil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> ~ Has anyone ever had any issues with turning down the power of an 1231 AP
> ~ below 30 mW? I have a very dense area that I need to cover. I want to
> ~ make sure I have enough APs to support 200 clients in a two story
> ~ building with 4-5 classrooms per floor.
>
> For wireless networks that are used to support 7920 phones,
> which can require dense AP coverage, 20mW is a typical
> transmit setting. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...800f6d97.shtml
> for some information on installing a network to support
> 7920s, which should have some applicability to your case.
>
> Aaron

Thanks for the reply Aaron. That doc you posted has a lot of great
info. Appreciate it.