Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > EBGP Neighbor limits (for you enterprise/ISP folks)

EBGP Neighbor limits (for you enterprise/ISP folks)

Hansang Bae

Can anyone tell me how many EBGP session they've seen running on Juniper
(M10i) and Cisco 6500 boxes? It would be a simple setup. I'm thinking
of 250 branches per box (two data center locations so 2X head end, each
having the same 250 branches).

The routes the branches need are 0/0 and a couple of /24s. I like the
idea of using BGP because network layer reachability is so easy to
manipulate.

It will also be running IPSec. Just got done with 6500/VPN-SM and it
handled it quite well. Juniper is next with ES-PICs.

But for you service provider types, would you be concerned about having
250 EBGP sessions (4, 5 routes per peer) running IPSec?

--

hsb

dual honed ebgp multihop mmark751969 Cisco 1 03-31-2008 10:11 AM
dual peer ebgp mmark751969 Cisco 1 03-25-2008 05:34 AM
Which film characters would you least like having as a neighbor and why ? Eric DVD Video 3 09-14-2007 12:26 PM
Recommended Hardware for eBGP Kevin Sonney Cisco 6 11-03-2005 04:42 PM
EBGP neighbor limit? Hansang Bae Cisco 5 07-27-2004 03:33 AM

Advertisments