Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > How many serial links?

How many serial links?

Mimmus

Hi,
I'm currently using multilink PPP to bundle two 2Mbps serial links.
I'm very satisfied with this solution and I'd like to know if I can add
other links to the bundle.

More in general, what do technology and market currently offer to fulfill
bandwidth requirements in the 'mid-range' (8-16 Mbps)?

Thanks in advance
Domenico Viggiani

PJML

Mimmus wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently using multilink PPP to bundle two 2Mbps serial links.
> I'm very satisfied with this solution and I'd like to know if I can add
> other links to the bundle.
>
> More in general, what do technology and market currently offer to fulfill
> bandwidth requirements in the 'mid-range' (8-16 Mbps)?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Domenico Viggiani

What you need is an "inverse multiplexer".

Something like: http://www.larscom.com/products/orion4000.html