Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Nobody knows the Answer!!! :-(

Nobody knows the Answer!!! :-(

Neshat

Hi all,

I've got a question, that seems nobody knows the answer.

Assume an AS5300 Access Server with two ISDN PRI Links connected to
it. Then 60 dial up users can connect to the AS5300 through the ISDN
PRI link simultanously ( maximum ). Also consider that the AS5300 has
got 8 E1 PRI Ports and two Digital modem module, it means totally 240
Mica digital modems.

Then there are two E1 Controllers (Controller E1 0 and Controller E1 1
)and two virtual serial interface ( ser 0:15 and Ser 1:15 ) set.

There is one group-asynch defined with the line:

Group-range 1-240

that means dial up users will use one of the digital modmes ( from 1
to 240 ) randomly.

But how can I restrict the users not to be able to use all the modems.
for example assume that I want all users that use E1 0 to connect to
the Cisco should use modmes 1-120 and all other users that are
connected through E1 1 should use modems 121-240, or something like
it.

I need this feature because I want change the modem configurations
only for the users that connect to a specific E1 PRI line.

Your complete responses with detailed information would be appreciated
indeed.

Best Wishes
Neshat
BSc, CCNP, CCNA, Network+

CiscoTech

I would contact TAC

"Neshat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a question, that seems nobody knows the answer.
>
> Assume an AS5300 Access Server with two ISDN PRI Links connected to
> it. Then 60 dial up users can connect to the AS5300 through the ISDN
> PRI link simultanously ( maximum ). Also consider that the AS5300 has
> got 8 E1 PRI Ports and two Digital modem module, it means totally 240
> Mica digital modems.
>
> Then there are two E1 Controllers (Controller E1 0 and Controller E1 1
> )and two virtual serial interface ( ser 0:15 and Ser 1:15 ) set.
>
> There is one group-asynch defined with the line:
>
> Group-range 1-240
>
> that means dial up users will use one of the digital modmes ( from 1
> to 240 ) randomly.
>
> But how can I restrict the users not to be able to use all the modems.
> for example assume that I want all users that use E1 0 to connect to
> the Cisco should use modmes 1-120 and all other users that are
> connected through E1 1 should use modems 121-240, or something like
> it.
>
> I need this feature because I want change the modem configurations
> only for the users that connect to a specific E1 PRI line.
>
> Your complete responses with detailed information would be appreciated
> indeed.
>
> Best Wishes
> Neshat
> BSc, CCNP, CCNA, Network+

CISCORUBS

I am pretty sure this can be done. Check out the latest BCRAN book.

"CiscoTech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<CLkVc.7671$(E-Mail Removed) link.net>...
> I would contact TAC
>
> "Neshat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've got a question, that seems nobody knows the answer.
> >
> > Assume an AS5300 Access Server with two ISDN PRI Links connected to
> > it. Then 60 dial up users can connect to the AS5300 through the ISDN
> > PRI link simultanously ( maximum ). Also consider that the AS5300 has
> > got 8 E1 PRI Ports and two Digital modem module, it means totally 240
> > Mica digital modems.
> >
> > Then there are two E1 Controllers (Controller E1 0 and Controller E1 1
> > )and two virtual serial interface ( ser 0:15 and Ser 1:15 ) set.
> >
> > There is one group-asynch defined with the line:
> >
> > Group-range 1-240
> >
> > that means dial up users will use one of the digital modmes ( from 1
> > to 240 ) randomly.
> >
> > But how can I restrict the users not to be able to use all the modems.
> > for example assume that I want all users that use E1 0 to connect to
> > the Cisco should use modmes 1-120 and all other users that are
> > connected through E1 1 should use modems 121-240, or something like
> > it.
> >
> > I need this feature because I want change the modem configurations
> > only for the users that connect to a specific E1 PRI line.
> >
> > Your complete responses with detailed information would be appreciated
> > indeed.
> >
> > Best Wishes
> > Neshat
> > BSc, CCNP, CCNA, Network+

Aaron Leonard

Assuming that the switch is delivering DNIS to you on your
PRIs, then use the modem pooling feature or local RPM to
set this up - have the calls into the first PRI's DNIS
use one set of modems and calls to the second DNIS use the
remainder.

Modem pooling:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/793...nis_mpool.html
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...112/5200fg.htm