Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > what is mmi?

what is mmi?

Captain

I have a Cisco1711 Vers 12.3(7)T
with the following 4 lines in the
configuration,what does mmi do?

=========================
mmi polling-interval 60
no mmi auto-configure
no mmi pvc
mmi snmp-timeout 180
=========================

Thorsten Hahn

Hi Captain,

Cisco says:
MMI Support
The Modem Management Interface (MMI) is software that enables
auto-provisioning for Cisco routers. The MMI uses a fixed PVC to communicate
with the Proxy Element (PE) residing on the digital subscriber line access
multiplexer (DSLAM). Using MMI, the Cisco router updates the running image
and downloads the prescribed configuration using a configuration file or
configuration values in a provisioning information database.
Configuring MMI for Auto-Provisioning
The customer premise equipment (CPE) can be automatically configured using
the Cisco DSL CPE download, but it can be configured only with the image
provisioning feature. The following provisioning configuration files are not
supported in this release:
- profiles
- CDCM objects below the CPE level (that is, the ATM VCC objects)
- propVirtual objects and interface objects (ATMif and Ethernetif)

Greetings from Germany
Thorsten

Captain

I don't want to use the built in modem, so how do I remove
the unwanted settings?

=========================
mmi polling-interval 60
no mmi auto-configure
no mmi pvc
mmi snmp-timeout 180
=========================

p.s. Sometimes the router boots up incorrectly,(and I believe it
has to do with the above lines of code)!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:51:31 +0200, "Thorsten Hahn"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Captain,
>
>Cisco says:
>MMI Support
>The Modem Management Interface (MMI) is software that enables
>auto-provisioning for Cisco routers. The MMI uses a fixed PVC to communicate
>with the Proxy Element (PE) residing on the digital subscriber line access
>multiplexer (DSLAM). Using MMI, the Cisco router updates the running image
>and downloads the prescribed configuration using a configuration file or
>configuration values in a provisioning information database.
>Configuring MMI for Auto-Provisioning
>The customer premise equipment (CPE) can be automatically configured using
>the Cisco DSL CPE download, but it can be configured only with the image
>provisioning feature. The following provisioning configuration files are not
>supported in this release:
>- profiles
>- CDCM objects below the CPE level (that is, the ATM VCC objects)
>- propVirtual objects and interface objects (ATMif and Ethernetif)
>
>Greetings from Germany
>Thorsten

marija marija is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
I have a Cisco1711 Vers 12.3(7)T
with the following 4 lines in the
configuration,what does mmi do?

mmi polling-interval 60
no mmi auto-configure
no mmi pvc
mmi snmp-timeout 180

I have the same problem and have no idea how to fix it..