Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ANN: MathDOM 0.5.0 - MathML in Python

ANN: MathDOM 0.5.0 - MathML in Python

Stefan Behnel

Hi everyone,

MathDOM 0.5 is ready for download from SourceForge.

http://mathdom.sourceforge.net/

MathDOM is a set of Python modules (using PyXML and pyparsing) that import
mathematical terms as a Content MathML DOM. It currently parses MathML and
literal infix terms into a DOM and writes out MathML and literal infix,
prefix, postfix or Python terms. The DOM elements are enhanced by domain
specific methods that make using the DOM a little easier.

You can call it the shortest way between different term representations and an
enhanced Content MathML DOM. Ever noticed the annoying differences between
terms in different programming languages? Build your application around the
DOM and stop careing about the term representation that users prefer or that
your machine can execute. If you need a different representation, add a
converter, but don't change the model. Literal terms are connected through an
intermediate AST step that makes writing converters for
Python/SQL/yourfavorite easier.

** New in 0.5.0 **

This release features a completely new API for term I/O. It uses
dictionary-like classes for registering input/output converters. This makes it
easier to extend the package with custom converters. It also means that 'old'
code will break, but since the package is farely recent, I hope that this will
not make its users too much trouble. If the new API is accepted, I will try to
keep it stable in further releases. The examples were updated to show how the
new API is used.

Have fun,
Stefan

ANN: MathDOM 0.5.2 - MathML in Python - now featuring lxml API! Stefan Behnel Python 0 10-17-2005 09:30 AM
ANN: MathDOM 0.1 - MathML in Python Stefan Behnel Python 0 09-29-2005 05:34 AM
MathML in Java Sam Hwang Java 1 09-09-2005 07:02 AM
MathML and LiveConnect applet DKM Java 1 06-10-2005 03:58 PM
MathML =?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15?= ASP .Net 1 05-09-2004 04:41 PM

Advertisments