Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Of Translation and ACL

Of Translation and ACL

lamerfreak

Quick question (I hope)...

Simple 827 router, PPPoE, NAT inside. Trying to set it up so that it
will forward a port to an internal machine only if coming from one
specific global IP.

Is this possible inside of ip nat statements, or do I need to set up a
forward and deny the rest with access lists?

Martin Gallagher

--
Rgds,
Martin

lamerfreak

>> Simple 827 router, PPPoE, NAT inside. Trying to set it up so that it will
>> forward a port to an internal machine only if coming from one specific
>> global IP.
>>
>> Is this possible inside of ip nat statements, or do I need to set up a
>> forward and deny the rest with access lists?

>Set up a forward and deny the rest with access lists.

Thanks. Figured as much, but wanted confirmation.