Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > XP SP2 and VPN

XP SP2 and VPN

Sam

Hi all.

I am having problems connecting to both DES and IPSEC VPNs with client 4.0.3
since installing Windows XP SP2. It appears to connect but I can't access
any resources through the tunnel. It works fine when I disable Windows
Firewall.

Does anyone know how to create a Windows Firewall exception to allow the
Cisco VPN Client to work?

Thanks,

Sam

PES

Mine works. I am using 4.0.3 D. One thing that is very disappointing with
the XP SP 2 firewall is that the only protocols recognized are tcp, udp and
icmp. With ICMP you are limited to the canned rules. I cannot get incoming
echo request to work through the vpn, I have not yet tried it locally.
While this firewall is a huge improvement it still leaves room for
improvement. Manageability is supposed be much better through group policy
and seperate profiles (on net and off net).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...