Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > zlib written in python

zlib written in python

Andreas Lobinger

Aloha,

is a pure _python_ implementation of the zlib available?
I have broken zlib streams and need to patch the deocder to
get them back.

Wishing a happy day
LOBI

Scott David Daniels

Andreas Lobinger wrote:
> Aloha,
>
> is a pure _python_ implementation of the zlib available?
> I have broken zlib streams and need to patch the deocder to
> get them back.
>
> Wishing a happy day
> LOBI

Check your zlib version: import zlib; print zlib.ZLIB_VERSION
There were some fixes you can see described at 'http://www.zlib.net/'
that are going into python 2.5. If you can figure it out yourself,
you could build an alternative zlib module to either sit beside
<pythondir>/DLLs/zlib.pyd or replace it.

--Scott David Daniels