Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Validating XML parsers

Validating XML parsers

Dale Strickland-Clark

A few days ago there was a discussion about which XML parser to use with
Python.
However, the discussion didn't cover validating parsers, at least, not
w3.org XML Schemas.

I looked into all the parsers that came up in the discussion but found no
mention of w3.org schemas.

It seems there are a few DTD validating parsers but that's all.

I'm not concerned about speed so much as a reasonably sound implementation.

What's out there? Have I missed something?

Thanks.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems - www.riverhall.co.uk

Robert Kern

Dale Strickland-Clark wrote:
> A few days ago there was a discussion about which XML parser to use with
> Python.
> However, the discussion didn't cover validating parsers, at least, not
> w3.org XML Schemas.
>
> I looked into all the parsers that came up in the discussion but found no
> mention of w3.org schemas.

Apparently not all that came up.

http://codespeak.net/lxml/

--
Robert Kern

-- Richard Harter

Dale Strickland-Clark

Robert Kern wrote:

> Dale Strickland-Clark wrote:
>> A few days ago there was a discussion about which XML parser to use with
>> Python.
>> However, the discussion didn't cover validating parsers, at least, not
>> w3.org XML Schemas.
>>
>> I looked into all the parsers that came up in the discussion but found no
>> mention of w3.org schemas.

> Apparently not all that came up.
>
> http://codespeak.net/lxml/

That's great. Thanks.