Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VPN tunnel problems

VPN tunnel problems

Christof

Hello,
i've got 2 pix 506. i've got a fix public ip and the pix on this site
is configured as the remote site / vpn server.
the other pix has an ip from the isp, which changes everyday. this is
the client, configured as easy remote vpn client on the pix.

from the client network, i can ping hosts on my network, through the
tunnel.
my problem : i don't become a ping from the my network to the client /
remote network.

thanks for help.

PES

"Christof" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hello,
> i've got 2 pix 506. i've got a fix public ip and the pix on this site
> is configured as the remote site / vpn server.
> the other pix has an ip from the isp, which changes everyday. this is
> the client, configured as easy remote vpn client on the pix.
>
> from the client network, i can ping hosts on my network, through the
> tunnel.
> my problem : i don't become a ping from the my network to the client /
> remote network.
>
> thanks for help.

IIRC if you do the client in standard mode it will nat the addresses. If
you do it in nem mode (network extension mode) it will more closely emulate
a traditional lan to lan tunnel.