Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > problem with setup.py

problem with setup.py

andrea valle

Hi to all,
and sorry for cross-posting.

I'm having troubles with installing packages.
I'm on macosx 10.3.8 and I have activestate python 2.4

For example, pyrtf an pyx.
it is the first time I install packages so pardon me if it's obvious.

I call python from terminal, I pass the absolute path of the setup.py
with command install, and results are always:
error: $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET mismatch: now "" but "10.3" during
configure

For example with pyrtf:

apples-Computer:~ apple$ python
/Users/apple/Desktop/PyRTF-0.45/setup.py installrunning install
error: $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET mismatch: now "" but "10.3" during
configure

What should I do? I guess I have to hack some configuration, but don't
know which.

Thanks a lot

-a-

Andrea Valle