Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > is interactive mode same as calculator mode?

is interactive mode same as calculator mode?

Alex

Loking at Rossum's tutorial I've seen that he sometimes uses the
expression "interactive mode" and sometimes "calculator mode". Or these
concepts same?

I've made the following assertion.

"When Python prompts for the next command with the primary prompt ">>>
", the interpreter is said to be in an interactive mode, or in a
calculator mode. In interactive mode, the Python interpreter acts as a
simple calculator: you can type an expression at it and it will write
back the value of that expression."

Is this correct or incorrect?

Alex

Peter Hansen

Alex wrote:
> Loking at Rossum's tutorial I've seen that he sometimes uses the
> expression "interactive mode" and sometimes "calculator mode". Or these
> concepts same?

Yes.