Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 1720

Cisco 1720

Walter

I have a Cisco 1720 router that I have 'inherited' from a now defunct ISP. I
want to play around with it a bit, but I can't get into it.....
I can't ping it (not totally sure I have the correct IP address)
When I use hyperterm, I can get in, but it asks for a password and I have no
idea what that may be...

My question is:
how can i change it back to the default settings for the router?
and what are the default settings?
Default IP address?
default user name and password?

is there a web interface for this router that would allow me to access and
config it from a browser, if I knew the IP address and log on info?

thanks

Frank Fegert

Hi,

Walter wrote:
> I have a Cisco 1720 router that I have 'inherited' from a now defunct ISP. I
> want to play around with it a bit, but I can't get into it.....
> I can't ping it (not totally sure I have the correct IP address)
> When I use hyperterm, I can get in, but it asks for a password and I have no
> idea what that may be...
>
> My question is:
> how can i change it back to the default settings for the router?
> and what are the default settings?
> Default IP address?
> default user name and password?
>
> is there a web interface for this router that would allow me to access and
> config it from a browser, if I knew the IP address and log on info?

this might help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...80094773.shtml

you need physical access to the router and a serial console cable
(the blue ones are original cisco stuff, but any other should also
work) in order to perform the procedure.

HTH,

Frank

Cisco 1720 & WIC 1T Card Cisco 1 04-12-2004 05:32 PM
Cisco 1720 Router/Cisco 1538 Micro Hub for SALE! CHEAP sychial Cisco 0 02-18-2004 09:20 AM
Cisco 1720 Dialup Failover Blech Cisco 1 02-09-2004 11:21 PM
Walkthrough for VPN setup on Cisco 1720 George M. Karaganis Cisco 0 12-12-2003 05:12 PM
Cisco 1720 access-lists Nite Rider Cisco 0 11-01-2003 06:11 AM

Advertisments